Best Viewed with IE or Opera. Sorry, Firefox works, but loses some sidebar layout,
'my profile' and other stuff... Anybody with a fix, please leave a comment. Many thanks in advance.

That said, if you must use Firefox (and I don't blame you, it's become my browser of choice, too)
...get the "IE Tab" extension. This allows you to view problem pages with the IE rendering engine. Very cool!

Friday, June 30, 2006

What’s that cool breeze I feel?

Something’s definitely in the air:

An odd thing seems to have happened to mighty right-wing talking head media juggernaut. They are still talking, but fewer people seem to be listening — at least on the Internet.

Alexa.com, which is owned and operated by Amazon.com, tracks online usage for all Web sites, large and small. … At U.S. Politics Today, we thought it might be interesting to see how the right-wing media machine was doing. Not well, it turns out.


What did they find out? During the last three months, AnnCoulter.com is down 10%. Fox News down 13%. RushLimbaugh.com down 18%. The Drudge Report down 21%. Townhall.com down 24%. Washington Times’ website down 27%. And BillOreilly.com down 40%.

Could it be that Internet users are getting tired of political sites in general? Maybe so. But http://moveon.org is up 13 percent in the same period.


Delicious! thought I. But I’ve always got to do my own research. So I headed over to make sure there was no cherry-picking going on. What did I find?

Focus on the Family down 18%. Free Republic down 19%. Hugh Hewitt down 21%. World Net Daily down 23%. Michelle Malkin down 30%. The Weekly Standard down 37%. Pajamas Media down 39%.

Raw Story up 6%. Center for American Progress up 12%. Crooks and Liars up 17%. Think Progress up 41%.

I’ve no doubt I’ve forgotten some notable examples that might be exceptions to this trend (although I will assure you I did not find a single right-wing blog whose traffic went up that I deliberately left out), and regular old blogs all seem to be down a bit. Eschaton is down 16%. Daily Kos is down 10%. Shakes is down 8%. But even there, the right-wing blogs look to be doing worse. Little Green Footballs down 19%. Volokh Conspiracy down 28%. Powerline down 33%.

Maybe it doesn’t mean anything. But maybe it does.

Related: Keith Olbermann rips O'Reilly a new asshole over their respective TV ratings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free webpage hit counter

Performancing