Best Viewed with IE or Opera. Sorry, Firefox works, but loses some sidebar layout,
'my profile' and other stuff... Anybody with a fix, please leave a comment. Many thanks in advance.

That said, if you must use Firefox (and I don't blame you, it's become my browser of choice, too)
...get the "IE Tab" extension. This allows you to view problem pages with the IE rendering engine. Very cool!

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Neil Young and Dad: Writin' in the Free World

Neil Young once sang, "Old man, look at my life, I'm a lot like you were." Indeed, the veteran rock star is a writer, just like his father -- one of Canada's most famous journalists as a reporter and columnist for leading Toronto newspapers.
 
By Greg Mitchell
 
(April 05, 2006) -- It's hard to explain or defend, but I have been a Neil Young fan for (gulp) almost 40 years, from Buffalo Springfield to the new Jonathan Demme film tribute, and I did not know until today that his father was a famed Toronto sportswriter who also covered World War II and, believe it or not, the JFK assassination.
 
In fact, I thought he was maybe some kind of farmer, since Neil grew up in the Canadian sticks that he sings about in his latest album "Prairie Wind." All I knew for sure about his father (my fandom only goes so far) was this: He gave Neil his first guitar, actually a ukulele, when he was a boy. To a guitar thrasher, that seemed like quite enough.
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free webpage hit counter

Performancing