Best Viewed with IE or Opera. Sorry, Firefox works, but loses some sidebar layout,
'my profile' and other stuff... Anybody with a fix, please leave a comment. Many thanks in advance.

That said, if you must use Firefox (and I don't blame you, it's become my browser of choice, too)
...get the "IE Tab" extension. This allows you to view problem pages with the IE rendering engine. Very cool!

Sunday, March 26, 2006

The Great Record Company Swindle

        TCF recently bumped into a couple of old music industry pals who provided me with updates and sparked the intention to offer you my take on the current state of the record bidness.
        First off comes news that my former employer the Warner Music Group has purchased the independent distributor Ryko Corp. for $67.5 million dollars. This deal is lucrative for the former owners of Ryko, while the added market share should shore up the fledgling WMG stock, which was IPO?d in May 2005.
        However, I hope many current Ryko artists opted for the ?seller clause? in their contracts, because this will be a real shitty deal for them if they don?t.
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free webpage hit counter

Performancing