Best Viewed with IE or Opera. Sorry, Firefox works, but loses some sidebar layout,
'my profile' and other stuff... Anybody with a fix, please leave a comment. Many thanks in advance.

That said, if you must use Firefox (and I don't blame you, it's become my browser of choice, too)
...get the "IE Tab" extension. This allows you to view problem pages with the IE rendering engine. Very cool!

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Death By Starvation - Forbes.com

Just suppose a car company wanted to shut a division. Pretend for a moment that it is General Motors and the chief executive has decided to close down Buick. Would he hold a press conference and say this:
 
"I want to announce that we are closing Buick. I admit that my management and my predecessor did a terrible job. The dealers are swell, but we couldn't come up with cars that people really wanted. So we're throwing in the sponge and are shutting down Buick over the next 12 months. Any questions?"
 
You'll never hear that statement. Every dealer seems to have a son-in-law who is a lawyer, and they sue when their franchise becomes worthless. When General Motors (nyse: GM - news - people ) announced at the end of 2000 that it was killing Oldsmobile, it was most generous in its settlements with the dealers.
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free webpage hit counter

Performancing