Best Viewed with IE or Opera. Sorry, Firefox works, but loses some sidebar layout,
'my profile' and other stuff... Anybody with a fix, please leave a comment. Many thanks in advance.

That said, if you must use Firefox (and I don't blame you, it's become my browser of choice, too)
...get the "IE Tab" extension. This allows you to view problem pages with the IE rendering engine. Very cool!

Monday, November 21, 2005

Langa Letter: A Complete PC Maintenance Checklist > November 21, 2005

Fred Langa offers a comprehensive plan for keeping your PC in absolute top-notch condition.
By Fred Langa
InformationWeek

Thwack! That was the sound of me slapping myself in the forehead.

It happened the other day, while I was working through the normal monthly maintenance on my primary PC. Everything was going smoothly; routine maintenance tends to prevent many problems from developing in the first place; and can catch any others when they're small and easy to correct.

I'll admit I'm a bit of a fanatic about maintenance because I depend on my PC to make a living; I probably go further than most people would need or want to. But odds are you use a PC at work or in a home office or recreationally, and the smooth, trouble-free operation of your PC is either essential to getting your work done, or is an important part of your after-hours life. Some level of routine PC preventative maintenance would be good for your PC, too. That's why we've covered many of the separate steps and techniques of PC maintenance in this space and in my newsletter.

But the "thwack" moment came when I realized I'd never stitched all the pieces together into a comprehensive whole for you -- I'd never itemized the steps in checklist form to make it easy for you to select exactly which maintenance steps you want to follow, and when. Let me correct that oversight today.

In this article, I'll tell you all the maintenance steps I take on a daily, weekly, monthly, semiannual, and annual basis.

——

read it all here:

InformationWeek > PC Maintenance > Langa Letter: A Complete PC Maintenance Checklist > November 21, 2005

2 Comments:

Anonymous Scoopernicus said...

And then there are those of use who have macs...

(I kid! I kid!)

11/21/2005 9:12 PM  
Blogger pseudolus said...

har har, scoop! any pc needs maintainance, I'm just lending a link to my fellow IBM/Wintel travellers. Fie upon thee and thy Mac! Fie I say!

Happy Thanksgiving, dude!

11/22/2005 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free webpage hit counter

Performancing