Best Viewed with IE or Opera. Sorry, Firefox works, but loses some sidebar layout,
'my profile' and other stuff... Anybody with a fix, please leave a comment. Many thanks in advance.

That said, if you must use Firefox (and I don't blame you, it's become my browser of choice, too)
...get the "IE Tab" extension. This allows you to view problem pages with the IE rendering engine. Very cool!

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Democratic Veteran :: Welcome to Germany, 1933

Welcome to Germany, 1933

Holy Crap. This is some serious shit, and it's not being talked about much...or I've been sleeping waaaay too long. --demvet
-------
go here and worry:

Democratic Veteran :: Welcome to Germany, 1933


This is something I have been saying for several years now. The similarities to the current admin to Hitler's Germany are many and obvious to any who have studied history. It has been pointed out on many blogs and it is not a product of imaginations run wild.

Every time I have pointed it out, someone has been quick to call me a conspiracy nut or a loon. "It can't happen here." "We are America! And totalitarianism can never take hold here." yadda yadda yadda.

But the question I keep asking and no one can answer is; "At what point should the German people have been wary? At What Point should the German people have stood up a renounced Hitler?" It came on so subtly at first. Hitler was democratically elected, right?
-- pseudolus

2 Comments:

Blogger spocko said...

Hi pseudolus. Just wanted to complement you on your post over at The Talent Show at November 25, 2005 06:24 PM. It was all about the fear of conservatives. Well written. Good work.

Did you see the movie "Downfall" interesting, especially in light of the president's current state of mind in which it is reported he only talks to Condi, Karen, Laura and Barbara any more.
You might want to check out the movie, it reminds me of the way George ignores reality and doesn't want to hear what the story is on the ground.

I also read a book about the lead up to Hitler take over. It talked about the personality of the people and the events (especially the currency crisis) that happened prior to Hitler getting power. That was especially interesting to read about. It was not the same as dot com bubble, but it did talk about the why that old views of money changed rapidly and the people with stock were the only ones who were successful.

The book was called Defying Hitler and it is very interesting. I think you might like it. Here is a review
http://flakmag.com/books/defying.html

Best,
Spocko

11/27/2005 8:47 PM  
Blogger pseudolus said...

Thanks, Spocko.

I haven't heard of either one, but I will check into them as soon as I can. I am always on the lookout for a good lesson in history.

Thanks for dropping by, also. It's pretty quiet here most days. I've been by your place a few times before, I will have to swing by again soon.

11/28/2005 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free webpage hit counter

Performancing